This card says "Focus on Winning Children Over Instead of Winning Over Children!"
As parents we are so often set on being right and "in charge" that we lose the cooperation of our children. It is sometimes easier, when facing a problem with your child, to decide for them instead of with them.
The ways that we can win children over are:
- Involve them in the Problem solving process
- Allow children to make Mistakes, then be there to help them learn from the mistakes
- Follow through
- Motivate and Empower them
- Teach children what to do
- Listen and Make Agreements
- Make a connection before corrections
- Compliment, Encourage and Validate Feelings
These are some of the great tools that i have written about this year. I hope you enjoy this little refresher and find a little something that will help you to win your children over!
Next week we will take a look at Closet Listening!